Holly Mary Church, “Panagia Tripa”
April 1, 2020
Zagora Village
March 12, 2020
 
 

Agios Nikolaos Church

The Metropolitan temple o Volos is not only the centre of the ecclesiastical life of the locals but also the reference point of the city. It was rebuild in 1934 according to designs made by Aristotle Zachos at the place of the older temple which was burnt on June 21, 1898. The baroque type belfry was built between 1886-1890 by Italian artisans according to the designs made by the Italian engineer Evaristo De Chirico. The earthquakes of 1980 caused several damages, but the temple was restored as a listed monument during 1999.